it's only June...

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

November 18, 1977

Dale and I were married November 18, 1977 in the Idaho Falls Temple. Dale's parents and brother, David, my dad and LaVerne (stepmom) shared that special time with us as we were sealed. I know my mom was there in spirit. My grandma and grandpa had family that worked in the temple, so the word spread to be at our sealing if they could and before I knew it the sealing room was full. We were only expecting a small group. I remember people standing because there were no chairs available. I'm thankful to grandma for "spreading the word". After our sealing, we stepped out into the cold November weather for just a couple of pictures, then we met our families at a restaurant for a wedding luncheon. Our wedding reception was later in the evening and even before it started, there was a line of family waiting to say congratulations. I was very happy that so many came, regardless of the blizzard outside. It really was a wonderful day that I'll always remember with happiness. My one regret was the photographer because our pictures were...well...terrible! But the pictures in my head are beautiful! We spent our honeymoon in Salt Lake City and Manti, Utah.

No comments: