it's only June...

Sunday, August 31, 2014

I'm getting married..!

Dale proposed in a very unique way - we were at my dads house visiting, I asked for a piece of gum, Dale basically said no, I got persistent, grabbed the gum from him, saw something sparkly inside, pulled him outside, giggled, he pulled the ring out to give me and there ya have it! It happened that way but really was supposed to be a bit different! Was it romantic - no. Was it fun and memorable - yes! He picked out my ring himself and he couldn't have picked out a more beautiful ring for me. Our date to be married was November 18, 1977. My choice for being sealed was in the Salt Lake Temple; however, we decided to go with Idaho Falls instead so that all the family could be there. I'm afraid I was being very selfish and I'm thankful we made the decision we did. As I'm sure the rest of the family was too. Our engagement was typical - filled with happiness, excitement, stress and a few tears. So much to do, so little time and so little money to work with. Everything worked out just fine, yet at the time we were doubtful if fine was how it would end up. Funny how we stress out over joyful times. It was wonderful to have my grandma help me with everything, I did miss my mom very much during such a special time.

No comments: