it's only June...

Friday, July 25, 2014

The Parade

Our miscommunication over this date through my poor husband into a bit of a panic - he had to ask for the family car, the only car. His mom had to go to work that day, however, he got it! The parade was at Aunt Pat & Uncle Darrells house on 4th street. After we watched the parade, we went with my family for a picnic over by the river. We ate & talked a lot & kinda ignored my family. We went back to my house so he could call his brother & while he was at it, he also got my phone number. Sneaky guy! Since he had to get the car back to his mom, our date ended early. About a week later, I got home from work at 11:30 p.m. & the phone was ringing....that was a big no-no, since my grandparents had long been in bed & the phone was close to their bedroom. I ran to get the phone & there was Dale. He asked me out & to get a date for "a friend of his". I was happy :) The date was set & I got a friend, Kelly, to go on the blind date. Kelly & I didn't really want to go & grandma was having a great time listening to us carry on. This "friend" of Dales ended up being his brother, David. Kelly was really unhappy (we weren't friends after that date :/ ) The date was a young adult activity watching a Disney movie on bales of hay, which I'm allergic to. It ended up being a nice date for me & Dale, a disaster for Kelly & David. I didn't hear from Dale again for about 2 weeks. With encouragement from Aunt Pat & a friend, I called him & invited him to Sunday dinner. That was a nice day

No comments: