it's only June...

Friday, July 25, 2014

Dates

Some other dates Dale & I went on were shopping for a wedding gift for a friend of his - a little awkward! Then there was the canoe trip at Big Springs in Island Park. I was terrified of water, but put a smile on my face & accepted. Grandpa thought that was very amusing! I can still see that smile on his face & in his eyes. Getting into the canoe was Dales tip off that I had not been in one before - -ever! He probably had the same smile on his face & in his eyes that grandpa had! Once on the canoe & I realized the water was very shallow, I felt great! Then it was fun - we saw moose & had a good time. On the way home, we drove to Mesa Falls, which was beautiful. We stopped in St. Anthony for dinner. We both had wedding receptions that night - when I got home, Becky Warnock (Ricks roommate) was at my house, so we hurried & went to Idonas (other Ricks roommate) reception. That was a Saturday. Sunday, Dale, Becky & I had dinner together. Becky left for home (southern Utah), Dale & I went to my cousin, Kims, homecoming. He went to England on his mission. After Kims homecoming, we went to Dales ward for his friends homecoming. As we sat on the back row, all eyes turned & looked me over real good...awkward! At the time I was dating Dale, I had another admirer (Rod) from Rupert, Idaho. Those 2 were like night & day, black & white! again....awkward! Another date Dale & I had was going to Provo for my good friend, Vickie Rymer; her farewell - she went to Italy on her mission. Since we had to stay the night, I stayed with a buddy, Bonita Blau (yes that was her real name :)) & Dale stayed with a mission companion. The trip was really worth it & I remember Vickie kept saying, "Dale is good for you". A couple days after we got back from Provo, I had a laparoscopy done for abdomen pain. Very minor & everything turned out great. Dale came to the hospital to see me - only for 3 hours - he brought me a pretty silk rose in a vase & a card. So sweet!

No comments: