it's only June...

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Pops

I have a dad who refers to himself as pops. So, pops and mom were divorced when I was a baby. I never really knew my pops, just through talk at home, which was not always the best. The main topic was all the children they were having - one time grandma said..."don't they know where babies come from?" I think it was upsetting because I received no child care income from him and they kept on having kid after kid. I understand that frustration on my families part now - My pops was in the army after the divorce, then he met and married LaVerne. There was no love lost between my grandparents and pops. I got to know him better once I was on my own at Ricks College. We have gotten closer over the years. He's a great dad, listens, laughs, honest, gives me great advice and council, shares funny stories and if they're more serious than funny, he makes them funny. The best news I recently heard is that he said to my sister that he abandoned me when he left my mom and I. I've always felt abandoned and now I've been validated by him. Nothing better than knowing the truth and having that validation. I love my pops! I am grateful he's my daddy.

No comments: