it's only June...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

some hard things

There were some hard times in my young life that I don't like to talk about very much. One of them was seeing my mom have grand mal seizures. It was a way of life, part of her life, yet still hard to watch & hear. There were times in the middle of the night that I could hear mom having a seizure & I would get out of bed, go downstairs to get my grandparents who would come upstairs to her room & do what they did when she had a seizure. They would make sure she was okay then go back to bed. It didn't happen too often, but often enough that it had an impact on me & I do remember those times. There were times during the day she would have them too; once was at Aunt Maxines trailer in Island Park while she was in the bathroom. We went home right after that so mom could rest comfortably. Other times would be while she was laying down on the couch watching TV. We never talked about it....just did what needed to be done & move on. I'm sure it was very difficult for mom & it must have been discouraging as well. I'm also fairly certain that her death was a blessing in disguise for her & my grandparents & even me. I know she is happy & out of that emotional & physical pain now. So thankful for the Gospel & the knowledge of being together again someday. There is great hope in that.

No comments: