it's only June...

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A simple prayer

My first experience with prayer was when I was between 7-10 years old. I went to primary, Sunday meetings were hit and miss, we didn't have family home evening or family prayer. It was rare to read scriptures. So I'm thinking I most likely learned to pray at primary. Me, mom, grandma & grandpa went for a drive, which we did fairly often. We were probably doing something like looking for asparagus to pick - heck, it was free for the taking on the side of the roads - or maybe looking for a new place to go fishing. So we were driving in that kind of area, we pulled over for I don't know why. But when it came time to get back in the car and move on, our car was stuck in the mud...I'm sure I was nervous and wondering how in the world we were going to get out of the mud. I'm pretty sure there was another car we were with, probably one of my great-aunts and great-uncles. I walked away from everybody and actually knelt down in the weeds and grass. I said a very simple prayer that we could get our car out of the mud. My prayer was answered right away and I just remember thinking....wow, it worked! That was the first of many prayers answered. I have a very strong testimony of prayer. Even the simplest of prayers are heard.

No comments: