it's only June...

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Angels

Can I just say - Angels exist. I found this to be true early in my life. Why I have been so protected is a question to still be answered. One day, I was riding my new bike, which I got when I was 8. I had that bike until I went away to college. I was riding on the sidewalk just a few houses down from my home. A car was backing out of their driveway, didn't see me & I should have been run over. I know an angel was there to scoot me out of the way of that car. There is no other explanation, there just isn't. Another time, I was maybe 10. Julie & I were at Palisades Lake with grandma & grandpa & probably others. We didn't want to fish or hang around, so we went for a walk. Julie could swim, I couldn't. I was terrified of water. We decided to walk on the trail close to the river. The trail got pretty narrow & before we knew it we were on a cliff. We actually had to hug the rock to keep from falling. Julie was leading the way & I doubt she saw the terrified look on my face. I wanted to go back the other way but I also wanted to look & be brave. So I hugged the rock & then I felt myself falling backwards. I was dead - I just knew it. And to drown was the worst thought of all. As soon as I started to fall, I felt a hand on my back pushing me back up. I grabbed the rock wall & was never more happy to have my feet on solid ground again. I will never forget that experience. There's no doubt... Angels exist.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love your blog I love your life stories I love love love knowing who you are, I love you so much!