Melissa did a great job with everything while Pedro was in Venezuela. She told me I was here for her sanity... hoping I was not the reason for insanity :)
Memories made on this trip:
rain! rain at the Promonade, happy for a hood on my jacket, Mel laughing, wet!
mist! walking with 3 kids to the bakery & dollar store in it, coming home just about as wet as if it had actually rained!
Bri! spunk, curly locks, cute as a button, "grandma, help me, help me!"
Annaleise! chatty, helpful, growing up & again...chatty, even in sleep:)
Eric! mamas boy, smart, tender hearted, "accent", loves his daddy.
friends! thankful for all of Mels that helped with play dates, dinner, babysitting, phone calls, caring.
Friday nights! time with my beautiful daughter, Freds Hickory Inn, Italian restaurant, frozen custard, movie, recharge.
food! home cooking, donut run, cookie run, bakery.
shopping! a given, Oops!
running! Melissa, 1/2 marathon, full marathon, training, watching kids while mom runs, impressed!
museum! art, Leise telling me not to look at certain pictures & statues, hiding her own eyes at those certain pictures, childrens center, dress up, puppet show, drawing, bright stroller for Bri.
parks! so many to choose from, new landscaping at park next door, kids laughing, ducks, pond.
Waltons 5 & dime! Sam Walton, WalMart, toys I grew up with, feeling old.
can't remember the name! beautiful walking/running trail on the other side of the art museum, a whole new look at the museum, friendly, snacks.
glass chapel! beautiful, trees, lake, quiet...there's a road right there??.......that kind of quiet.
bathrooms! Eric & grandma always on the lookout for one :)
Coming to Arkansas requires much to do in the short time I have here. There's a sacrifice when living far away. I treasure my time with loved ones wherever I go, whether it be Arkansas, South Ogden, Bountiful, Nampa, Rexburg, Idaho Falls or just home. Time is precious....making memories & really getting it - the real reason for being.
I have 4 days until I fly back to Utah - tomorrow Pedro comes home. We have a surprise "welcome home" for him. Hope the kids can keep the surprise a secret if they talk to him today; almost spilled the beans yesterday!
1 comment:
We had a lot of fun, didn't we? And no, you weren't the reason for my insanity--rather, thanks for keeping the "crazy" in check. And the trail is called Compton Gardens. I'm glad you didn't add "sleepless nights" to the memories. ;)
Post a Comment