it's only June...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

busy here, busy there, busy, busy everywhere...

Jenni and Jake had a wonderful open house on Friday night, to celebrate their marriage. They are such a cute couple! Jen was happy with it and so was I. It was just the way all open houses should be....sweet, simple and short!
Our sweet family photographer, Ashleigh came and got some great pictures. She's just like a part of the family - those Dukes are some pretty special people!
It was great to see friends we've haven't seen for years and meet new friends and share a special time with the new in-laws...who I really love! It's been an easy bond and we all feel the same way - we're all "easily-bonded". I had wonderful help setting it all up for about 4-5 hours.....3 hours later we're taking it all apart! Weird how that works, but also very worth it:) The in-laws came over to watch Jake and Jenni open their gifts and I'm so glad they stayed for that time..wish it could have been longer.
Day after, Dale and I took Amber back to BYU-I. She came for the open house and made it for the remaining 20 minutes! Thanks to Justin, who made the drive to pick her up and get her here as quickly as possible. I know he was questioning "why?",,,,,thanks Justin!! It was so fun to see Amber run in to give Jen and Jake hugs before she changed into her dress and in all that time, talking up a storm...a storm I've never heard Amber talk up before. Wow, what 2 weeks away from home did to that girl - it's awesome! I'm learning so much.
On our way home, we saw Marian, Dixie and Nikki. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching Dale and Dixie debate, laugh, voices raising....it makes me smile. It used to make me nervous, but now it's just fun. They act like real brother and sister, who actually like each other and can debate without getting angry. Love Dixie to pieces!
All in all, a perfect weekend :)

No comments: