it's only June...

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Aunt Virgie

I have memories of grandma telling me stories about Aunt Virgie (Virginia), grandma and grandpas little girl. She died when she was 10 years old from heart problems. She would tell me about the kitchen back then - it was different. A window seat was where the kitchen sink is now. It was there that aunt Virgie would sit and watch her sisters and brother play outside. She was to sick to play with them. I wish I had more details about her, but I don't have much more to share. Aunt Pat told me that grandma used to walk to Rose Hill Cemetery about every day to Aunt Virgies resting place. Her grave is next to my moms, grandma and grandpas just above theirs. When she died, my grandparents felt they should buy 4 burial plots, interesting that the one plot would be for my mom. Aunt Virgie was my grandparents second child. My mom didn't know her here...well until she passed on, then I'm sure it was a happy meeting for those sisters. I know the pain of losing one daughter, my grandparents lost 2 daughters. Again, I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that we can live forever and ever with those we love. I have no doubt we will see them again and be with them.

No comments: