it's only June...

Thursday, May 1, 2014

finding peace

Back when mom died, as I was playing the piano, I overheard my Aunt Pat and Carol talking with grandma in the kitchen - they said something I had never thought about before, but now I get it. I didn't show much emotion with mom's passing around others and the piano became my emotions. They told her that playing the piano was my way of mourning basically. I let it out through those keys. Over the years, I either didn't have a piano to keep up and then when we rented one in Arizona, I didn't really have much time. I finally got grandmas piano while in California and took to teaching lessons, which I loved. I just didn't take a lot of time to play for me until just recently. All the kids are married now and on their own, so I have time to play. It hasn't taken too much to get back into the swing of it and I find it very peaceful. Melissa showed me the way back and I want to say thank you. As I was playing this morning I could feel my loved ones that have gone on to a better place with me. And then the tears came and I found peace. I love what music does for me, it's a part of me and I'm thankful the Lord has shown me how to get it back.

No comments: