it's only June...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

That Fat White Cat in the Windowsill

One day my daughter boarded the school bus that stops in front of our house and sat down. The boy in the seat behind her tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, what's with the big fat white cat in your windowsill every morning?" At first my daughter was confused. She looked back at our house as the bus pulled away, trying to see what the boy was talking about. Then she realized what the boy was looking at. "That's not a fat white cat," Alisa answered. "That's my mother." The couch in our living room was level with the windowsill, and I usually slouched down so the kids on the bus couldn't see my white bathrobe. I guess I didn't slouch down quite enough! I was not in a hurry to see the kids grow up and leave. As a matter of fact, that fat white cat in the windowsill is still there waving. And I'll still be in the windowsill with my nose pressed against the glass when they come back home with their little ones for me to hold. This is not me but totally how I feel & have felt - it just says it all!

No comments: